4/27/2010

Thinking about ME

As I sit here, watching Stan write a poem about his beloved EKT team and their accomplishments, I can't help to wonder why it is that I haven't been inspired for a long time to write something of my own.  I used to love to write poems.  So much so that I barely had to think of a situation, and words would just flow thru my mind.  I once went out on a date with someone, and the instant I got home, I took out my journal and wrote an 8 verse poem in about 3 minutes, and to this day, it is still one of the best I have ever written. 

I wonder, was it that my heart felt so intensly for him or was it just that my daily life wasn't so hectic that I actually had emotions flowing easily.  Maybe, I am just not that person anymore that can be poetic.
It seems these days that my time is so monopolized with work, kids, pets, bills, karate, and God knows what else, that I just don't really have time to sit and allow myself to think, but only to try to wind down and relax.  I know that when I sit and watch TV, nothing else flows through my mind, but only trying to soak up the current episode of House, Biggest Loser, Smallville, and any other of my shows that I watch and hoping that I can get a decent nights sleep without an ambien.  (which by the way.....does NOT happen).  Getting out of work at a decent time is unrealistic lately.  What happened to the good ol days when all I had to do was go in for about 4 hours and still have a nice day to spend with my kids, go shopping or go do a walk or 2 before I got home?

Hearing Stan's poem makes me wonder "will I ever be passionate again about something I love" or will I be able to express my feelings about anything to be able to write?

IDK, can figure it all out tonight...til later.....

THINK POSITIVE......

V$

No comments:

Post a Comment