5/09/2010

Mother's Day May 9, 2010

Ok, today is Mother's Day.  Is it really that big of a deal?  Just my opinion but, Mother's Day is for when your kids are older.  If you have teenagers or younger kids, ya, they love you, but they really don't appreciate you.  I think its crap to have your kids make you breakfast, clean the house for you or buy you flowers on this ONE day.

I know when I was a kid, I never really appreciated my mom.  How could I?  I was a selfish teenager.  It wasn't until I was older, did I finally understand all the sacrifices my mom AND DAD made to raise a family, buy us all we needed and still be able to make sure there was food on the table EVERY DAY. 

I strongly feel that if you really appreciate your parents, show them more often than on ONE day a year.  This day is a cope out for all those other "kids" out there that don't really appreciate their parents.  On this day, you're supposed to remember your mom, not that I don't, but, its not that big a deal.

I'm sure later, I will have to adjust this post.  please forgive me...I'm a little pissy right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment